Software Engineering - Airborne Applications
Airborne software engineering represents MANNARINO’s largest service offering by volume. Since our inception, we have been working with our clients on all aspects of software life cycle support to RTCA/DO-178B/C guidelines.
Working closely with our customers, MANNARINO proposes practical solutions to meet our customer’s needs. Our solutions range from complete software life cycle data generation (i.e. PSAC to SAS) for all Design Assurance Levels (DAL), with significant work performed to DAL A applications. MANNARINO has experience with the follow RTCA standards:
- RTCA/DO-330 ~ Tool Qualification
- RTCA/DO-331 ~ Model-Based Development
- RTCA/DO-332 ~ Object-Oriented Technology
- RTCA/DO-333 ~ Formal Methods
In addition, MANNARINO has experience with various other aerospace protocols & standards, which includes, among others:
- ARINC 429, CAN, ARINC 664 (AFDXEthernet)
- ARINC 424 ~ Navigation Systems Database
- ARINC 615A ~ Software Data Loader using Ethernet Interface
- ARINC 653 ~ Avionics Application Software Standard Interface
- ARINC 661 ~ Cockpit Display System Interfaces to User Systems
- ARINC 665 ~ Loadable Software Standards
- ARINC 702 ~ Flight Management Computer System
MANNARINO uses its own proprietary software engineering processes to reverse engineer and verify software requirements per customer plans and standards.
MANNARINO has significant experience with model-based software development and automatic code generation including UML and Profiles, MATLAB/ SIMULINK, SCADE, IBM Rational Rhapsody, Beacon and GPU.
MANNARINO has developed the entire embedded software for some of our client’s products including boot strap software, on-line loaders, real-time executive software, driver software, application software and fault management software. We have significant experience with model-based software development and automatic code generation. We have worked on conventional single core processors as well as more advanced multi-core processors (Freescale/Motorola, Texas Instrument, NXP Semiconductors. STMicroelectronics). In addition, we have worked collaboratively with our customers using various work split models tailored to minimize program cost by utilizing our customer’s product expertise with our world-class RTCA/DO-178/C skill set.
MANNARINO has significant experience with both federated and IMA systems. We have worked on numerous federated systems ranging from FADEC to HUMS to aerial refueling systems. Our IMA experience ranges from selection of ARINC 653 RTOS software to the development of software partition applications.
MANNARINO’s wide-ranging RTCA/DO-178B/C expertise is ideally suited for our growing and varied customer requests which includes the following systems and languages, among others:
- Gas Turbine Full Authority Digital Engine Controls (FADEC)
- Health & Usage Monitoring System (HUMS)
- Flight Management System (FMS)
- Multi-Purpose Control Display Unit (MCDU)
- Cockpit Display Systems (PFD/MFD)
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Aerial Refueling Systems
- Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- Fuel Management Panel (FMP)
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Fly-By-Wire System (FBW)
Our software engineering staff has experience with both object-oriented and procedural programming languages on numerous development environments including:
We work with various customer software life cycle models (rapid prototype, waterfall, Agile, etc.) and have also employed various model-based methodologies and languages (including UML).
- C / C# / C++
- Visual Studio 2008
- GreenHills AdaMulti2000
- RSLogix 5000
- Microsoft.NET Framework
- IAR Embedded Workbench
- Graphical Application Programmer (GAP)