Certification & Design Assurance
Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) Design Approval Organization (DAO) for Airborne Software & Electronic Hardware
MANNARINO has been authorized as a Design Approval Organization (DAO) for Airborne Software (RTCA/DO-178B/C) and Airborne Electronic Hardware (AEH) (RTCA/DO-254) by the National Aircraft Certification Branch of Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) ~ a first for a Canadian service-based organization.
This authorization allows MANNARINO to exercise its delegated functions in the approval process of Airborne Software and AEH products developed either by MANNARINO or any other organization. As such, the MANNARINO DAO can provide service to any aerospace OEM in support of obtaining TCCA approval for airborne software and AEH products. MANNARINO is the first service company to obtain DAO authorization for these products in Canada.
MANNARINO also works as informal delegates to the Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) for Airborne Software (RTCA/DO-178B/C) and Airborne Electronic Hardware (AEH) (RTCA/DO-254).
MANNARINO has significant experience in the aerospace certification process per the following guidelines:
- RTCA/DO-178B/C ~ Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
- RTCA/DO-254 ~ Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware
MANNARINO also supports its aerospace customers in the application of the following guidelines and aerospace recommended practices:
- SAE ARP 4754A ~ Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems
- SAE ARP 4761 ~ Guidelines and Methods for Conducting the Safety Assessment Process on Civil Airborne Systems and Equipment
- RTCA/DO-278/A ~ Guidelines for Communication, Navigation, Surveillance and Air Traffic Management Systems Software Integrity Assurance
MANNARINO has led and participated in program audits with the following certification authorities and/or associate delegates:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA)
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Directorate of Technical Airworthiness and Engineering Support (DTAES-5)
- Brazil's Agencia Nacional de Aviacao Civil (ANAC)