Health & Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) Software
MANNARINO entered into an agreement with one of the world’s leading Health & Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) developers to support their systems and software development team. The HUMS uses data from various aircraft sensors to provide aircraft maintainers and operators with a comprehensive view of the state of the aircraft. The HUMS provides a systematic approach to maintenance planning resulting in improved readiness and mission capability. The result is a decrease in total ownership costs by reducing scheduled maintenance and aircraft mishap rates.
MANNARINO is currently involved in developing HUMS’ for various helicopter platforms.
MANNARINO development program responsibilities include:
- System safety assessment according to SAE ARP 4761 including creation of the HUMS FHA and PSSA documents
- System configuration
- Requirements definition & management
- Development & verification of the HUMS software applications to RTCA/DO-178B Level B guidelines
- Complete software life cycle support
- Development of software level test environment
- Supporting HUMS Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) efforts with various certification authorities